Sunday, December 02, 2007

How Nonprofits Can Use Social Media: Putting Effective (Online) Social Networking Into Practice

Interesting details about socnet markeing and building a community:

Over the past month, I've been doing a little action research for an article on ways to be effective using online social networking sites. To do the research, I've been asking my "friends" in different online social networks, "What is your best practice or tip for using online social networking sites for your organization." I didn't just ask people from nonprofits as I wanted to get a multi-disciplinary view.

So, I started with reading and reflecting on some recent blog posts by two gurus on the topic: Chris Brogan and Connie Bensen. In response to a query, Connie provided a brilliant synthesis of the key networking principles which were my starting point for putting some ideas into practice.

Beth's Blog: How Nonprofits Can Use Social Media: Putting Effective (Online) Social Networking Into Practice

No comments:

Related Books